In the Philippines, the word sarciado means a culinary dish is wet with a sauce, usually referring to tomato sauce. Below is a recipe for pork sarciado. Please consider it only as a guide. No guarantee that it will come out perfectly.
Ingredients for Pork Sarciado1/2 cup lean pork, cut into cubes
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1/3 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup diced potatoes
1/2 cup of green peas
1 red bellpepper, diced
1 and 1/2 cups of water
salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Pork Sarciado
- Saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes in cooking oil.
- After about three minutes, add the pork and a little water.
- Add in the seasonings, cover and simmer until pork is almost done
- Add the potato cubes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the green peas and bell peppers.
- Cook for 3 more minutes while gently stirring.