In the Philippines, the word sarciado means a culinary dish is wet with a sauce, usually referring to tomato sauce.
Ingredients for Pork Sarciado
1/2 cup lean pork, cut into cubes
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1/3 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup diced potatoes
1/2 cup of green peas
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 and 1/2 cups of water
salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Pork Sarciado
1. Saute the garlic, onions and tomatoes in cooking oil.
2. After about three minutes, add the pork and a little water.
3. Add in the seasonings, cover and simmer until pork is almost done
4. Add the potato cubes and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the green peas and bell peppers.
7. Cook for 3 more minutes while gently stirring.
Adjust the amount of water and tomato sauce to get the desired thickness.