Recipe for APRITADANG MANOKApritadang Manok is Filipino Chicken Afritada.
INGREDIENTS FOR APRITADANG MANOK2 pounds chicken
5 medium-size potatoes
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Cut the chicken into pieces.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into halves.
3. Dice the red onion.
4. Mince the garlic.
5. Slice the bell peppers into strips.
HOW TO COOK APRITADANG MANOK1. In a wok, heat the cooking oil.
2. Sauté the garlic and onions.
3. Add the chicken pieces and cook until slightly brown.
4. Pour the tomato sauce and broth.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower heat to simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add potatoes and cook for around 10 minutes or until both the chicken and potatoes are cooked.
7. Add the green and red bell peppers.
8. Take the wok off the heat after two minutes or before the bell peppers get overdone.
Season with the patis. You can substitute salt and pepper.