Popular Soda Brands in the Philippines
In the United States, a "soft drink" technically refers to any beverage that contains no alcohol, as opposed to a hard drink. In the Philippines, when Filipinos say "soft drink" they often mean soda (the carbonated beverage), usually sold in bottles that are returned to the store. It's only in the past decade that soda has been widely available in cans.
The most popular bottled soft drinks among Filipinos are the international ones -- Coke, Pepsi, Sprite and Seven Up.
Other Popular Soda Brands in the Philippines:
- a brand of soda available only in the Philippines
- became popular in the 80's with its use of teen RJ Ledesma as "Joey" in its ads
- campaign in the 90's featured rapper Francis Magalona singing "Ito ang Gusto Ko"
- its commercials has drilled into Filipino minds the fact that it contains beta carotene
- was a product of the San Miguel Corporation, now a Coca-Cola brand
- a few years ago was barred by the FDA from being imported into the US
- most famous variant is Royal Tru-Orange, but has also come out with Royal Tru-Dalandan, Royal Tru-Grape and Royal Tru-Orange Light
- a root beer made by Cosmos, now part of the Coca-Cola Company
- the name comes the word sarsaparilla
- a low-cost cola flavored beverage from the Coca-Cola Company
- a low-cost cola flavored beverage from Cosmos
- a low-cost citrus-flavored soda from Cosmos
- a low cost citrus flavored soda popular in the 1970s
- from the American company Royal Crown, now part of the Dr Pepper Snapple Group
- a citrus- flavored soda by Coca-Cola
- a low-cost citrus-flavored soda popular in the 1970s
- this company became famous for its uncarbonated orange juice , but has now branched out into soda