Recipe for MAJA BLANCA
Maja Blanca is a "white beauty" of a pudding that has coconut milk as an essential ingredient. This recipe for Maja Blanca yields 8 servings.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING MAJA BLANCA
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups gata (coconut milk)
1 cup toasted coconut flakes for topping
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING MAJA BLANCA
1. In a non-stick pan over medium heat, bring to a gentle boil the coconut milk and sugar.
2. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the water. Stir until smooth.
3. Slowly add this cornstarch solution to the boiling milk mixture. Stir fast for about 3 minutes to thicken.
4. Transfer to a greased pan and let cool until the mixture firmly sets.
5. Slice into desired sizes and then sprinkle with coconut flakes just before serving.