Here are a few gift ideas:
1. Jewelry - diamonds, pearls or birthstones (stud earrings, a simple bracelet or a short necklace)
2. Perfume - with a box set that includes lotion (a popular fragrance with Filipino women is CK Obsession)
3. Pink iPod - Nano, Mini, Shuffle in a striking color
4. Gourmet Chocolate - box must be very pretty; can't go wrong with Godiva
5. Zojirushi rice cooker - no Filipino meal is complete without perfectly cooked rice; for the practical Filipina
6. Filipino DVD or the latest from Hollywood
7. Stuffed Toy - Filipino women have a thing for stuffed animals; the larger the better... something they can hug and cuddle with
8. Lea Salonga CD or the latest US Pop Hit - there isn't a single Filipino who isn't proud of Lea Salonga and everyone still gets teary-eyed over her audition featured in The Making Of Miss Saigon
9. Flowers or Plant - as with any other woman, Filipinas love flowers, but the typical Filipina has a greener thumb than most
10. Latest Bestselling Book or a Good Cookbook
Create or find something personalized at the Zazzle Store.
Don't limit yourself to Filipino-oriented gifts. Find out what your Filipina friend is into — Japanese sweets, Kpop, Hollywood films, American Idol, poetry — then get an appropriate gift. It's the thought you put into it that matters more.